PREP YOUR CLOTHES
Have you ever put on a shirt and after just an hour or two you think, “Do I smell?”
It could be lingering odor in your clothing, especially with manmade fibers.
The waxes and oils found in antiperspirants, natural deodorants and fabric softeners melt into fabrics and are tough to wash out. This allows bacteria and BO to stick around in your clothing wash after wash after wash.
It’s always a good idea to pre-treat clothing, especially those betrayed by past antiperspirants and deodorants. If you use Lume every day, you’ll have less worry about lingering odor because it’s water-based.
Here’s how to do it:
Use an enzyme detergent like Persil or Nature’s Miracle (found in pet stores) to pre-treat the armpits of your clothing, after you wear and before you throw it in the hamper.
For Persil, make a solution of 1 part Persil, 4 parts water. For Nature’s Miracle, use at full strength.
For best results, continue to spritz the pits before you toss the tops in the hamper, especially manmade fibers (they’re in a league of their own!).
If the article of clothing is old, throw it away. There is no hope.
PRIME YOUR PITS
Unlike other products, Lume doesn’t mask or cover up odor. It actually eliminates the odor-causing reaction on your skin. Priming leads you to the longest lasting odor control as quickly as possible.
Priming your pits helps get rid of waxy residue from any previous deodorants, and also begins the process of preventing odor-causing bacteria on your skin.
Use a little Lume every day until you remain odor free for 24 hours. This can take up to two weeks.
1. Shower and dry off.
2. For the stick, twist up just until the product begins to show through the holes. For the tube, dispense a pea-sized amount.
3. Apply a trace amount to the center of your pit, extending 1-2 inches around the hair-bearing area.
4. Rub in with fingertips just until clear.
5. After you’ve remained odor free for 24 hours, you can begin to experiment using less Lume less often.
For private parts (and other areas of your body):
1. Shower and dry off.
2. For the stick, twist up 1mm of cream and swipe the applicator with your fingertip. For the tube, dispense a pea-sized amount.
3. Apply sparingly from front to back and swipe up between your butt cheeks to your tailbone. Lume should only be applied externally. A few times a week is all you need. 😉
You can also apply Lume under breasts, under tummy folds, on feet, and anywhere else you have odor but wish you didn’t.