Chaska doctor has solution for body odor
by Shannon Klingman, M.D.
A local doctor and entrepreneur has found the solution to the stink everyone talks about.
By Alex Chhith Staff Reporter | Oct 12, 2017
Dr. Shannon Klingman has released a line of deodorant, clinically proven to solve body odor issues.
So far, over 1,000 deodorants have been sold since launching Oct. 1. Lume Deodorant for Underarms & Private Parts took about 10 years for the Chaska resident to produce.
It all started when Klingman was working as an gynecologist. Many of her patients told her they had a vaginal infection and complained of extreme odor. Many doctors would prescribe antibiotics, but Klingman believed they were over-diagnosing patients.
“I noticed so many people coming in and thinking something was wrong,” she said. Antibiotics were an “imperfect diagnosis,” she added.
Latest in Press
- 14 Best Sweat-Stopping, Odor-Fighting Deodorants for Women (2020)
November 03, 2020
- 2020 - MoutainWest Capital Network Utah 100
September 16, 2020
- 21 Things You Need If You're Overheated All The Time
June 28, 2019
- Dr. Sonia Batra on The Doctors Puts Lume to the Test
February 24, 2019
- This Ode to Body Odor Is Far From the Pits for New Deodorant Brand
December 20, 2018
- Female Physicians See a Problem and Launch a New Business to Fix It
August 29, 2018
- Local Doctor Creates Natural Deodorant
May 31, 2018
- The Science Behind Lume
April 07, 2018
- Sharing the Lume Story
April 05, 2018
- The Creation of Lume Deodorant
March 14, 2018
Also In Press
14 Best Sweat-Stopping, Odor-Fighting Deodorants for Women (2020)
By Shannon Klingman, M.D.
2020 - MoutainWest Capital Network Utah 100
By Jacob Bigger
21 Things You Need If You're Overheated All The Time
By Rebecca Reynandez