Minnesotan to Meet Dr. Shannon Klingman
by Shannon Klingman, M.D.
Minn. Doctor Develops Natural (But Scientific) Formula To Help Stop Body Odor
By ALI LUCIA | Feb 20th, 2018
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — She spent the first part of her medical career as an OB/GYN, but about 10 years ago the mother of four decided to stay home with her growing family. You could say during that time she became a “kitchen scientist” — developing a formula to help stop body odor.
It’s a multi-billion dollar industry, so it seems like a lofty goal for this Chaska mother and doctor to want to tap into to an already crowded market.
Dr. Shannon Klingman first filed a patent for Lume in 2007, but after several rejections she stayed the course until approval. That’s what makes this doctor a Minnesotan to Meet.
Store shelves are flooded with deodorant choices, but Klingman says her product is different.
“We are approaching odor control in a whole different way, it’s based on science and we didn’t want to release the product without that patented protection,” Klingman said.
Latest in Press
- 14 Best Sweat-Stopping, Odor-Fighting Deodorants for Women (2020)
November 03, 2020
- 2020 - MoutainWest Capital Network Utah 100
September 16, 2020
- 21 Things You Need If You're Overheated All The Time
June 28, 2019
- Dr. Sonia Batra on The Doctors Puts Lume to the Test
February 24, 2019
- This Ode to Body Odor Is Far From the Pits for New Deodorant Brand
December 20, 2018
- Female Physicians See a Problem and Launch a New Business to Fix It
August 29, 2018
- Local Doctor Creates Natural Deodorant
May 31, 2018
- The Science Behind Lume
April 07, 2018
- Sharing the Lume Story
April 05, 2018
- The Creation of Lume Deodorant
March 14, 2018